Being a parent includes keeping your child safe. When they are first born you go crazy baby proofing the house, buying all the latest safety gadgets. As they grow up, you buy bike helmets and elbow pads. Safety is always an issue no matter how old they get.
There is a safety risk that some parents may not be aware of. Flat panel televisions are in many family homes now, but did you know the safety risks they pose? They can easily fall or be tipped over and cause serious injury.
I was surprised at the following numbers from a US Product Safety Commission report on flat panel TV safety.
- A child is killed every 3 weeks from an unsecured TV.
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury.
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over.
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs.
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last ten years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities. Check out the SANUS TV safety video below.
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week