February 12, 2013

Auto Management to Mom Blogging


Before moving to Texas, I was an office manager for a car dealership.  I started as the receptionist and worked my way up to office manager.  I learned a lot in those 7 years that has helped me in all my endeavors since then.

auto repair management
 supakitmod / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Along with running the office, I was in charge of the rental cars and all vehicle warranties.  I spent a lot of time in the service department of the dealership.  I didn't mind this because it was more fun than being in a stuffy office.  The service manager and I got along pretty well and all the customers loved him.  I saw first hand how hard Neil worked to make his customers happy.  Repair shop management is so much more than scheduling oil changes and getting greasy.

Back then I had no idea I would become a mom blogger. I know it never crossed Neil's mind that I would apply what I learned from him to blogging about being a mom and other girly things.  What skills did I learn and observe from an auto repair shop manager that I use in working online and blogging?
  • Organization
  • Scheduling                                                                                   
  • Customer service
  • Time management
  • How to deal with unexpected problems 
Though he didn't even realize it, the most important thing Neil taught me was that you'll never be really great at something unless you have passion and really like what you are doing everyday.

Please take a second to vote in the poll below.  Even though I no longer work in the automotive industry, I am still curious about changing trends in the business.

Who does your auto repairs or maintenence?
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Disclosure:  I was financially compensated for this post. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so interesting to learn how other moms got into blogging. It's amazing to see how we take skill we learned along the way to become the moms and bloggers that we are now.

Unknown said...

I love hearing others stories too Tonya. I guess all things lead to the bigger and better picture.

Real Time Web Analytics Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...