December 2, 2011

Top 10 Free Twitter Tools

I have been a member of Twitter for a little while now, and had about 1400 followers.  Then I got "Twitter Lazy".  I was not very active for a few months.  One day I got an e-mail from Twitter Counter with my stats.  I had not checked out my twitter stats in some time, and I am so glad that I did.  I had started losing followers at an increasingly steady pace.  My follower count had fell below 1200. 

I decided that I needed to take immediate action.  I realized I was not using twitter properly and therefore not receiving any of the benefits from my account.  I am sure you have heard these basic Twitter rules before, but they are very true.  You MUST engage your followers, respond to tweets and mentions.  Thank your followers when they mention you or give you a retweet. The other main rule is to tweet quality content.  Your tweets should be interesting, helpful, humorous or inspiring to your followers. 

I immediately started following these 2 simple rules and was quite impressed with the results.  In just a few months, my main (work at home mom ) account just passed 2000 followers.  I also started a 2nd Twitter account (movies & television) to go with my new blog, at around the same time.  I now have almost 400 followers of that account.  So, I figure just from a little extra effort I gained approximately 1200 new connections.  I have met some great people, gained some valuable information, received referrals, got some laughs and more. 

During this process I also found some tools that help me do this easily and save me time.  I picked my favorites and developed a list of My Top 10 Twitter Tools.  These are all free to use.  Some have upgrade uptions for more detailed stats, but I am doing just fine without paying.  To not make this post too long, I will post the first five today and the other five on Sunday.  

  1. Twitter Counter - I receive a weekly email with my account stats.  It tells you how many new followers gained and predicts how many you will gain or lose next week.  Graphs display your tweeting activity and you can also compare your stats with another Twitter account's stats.  Alerts and automatic tweets can be set for reaching Twitter milestones.
  2. Follow Friday Helper -  This tool keeps track of all the people that have mentioned and retweeted you along with the details of those tweets..  You can easily tweet responses with tags such as #FollowFriday, #Gratitude, #TY, #MustFollow.  One easy click on whoever you want to add to the tweet and send. 
  3. Formulists - This is the best tool for organizing your twitter account.  You can create lists of your followers or whom you are following by filtering into different categories.  For example, I have lists of new followers, who retweet me the most, have form of blog in Twitter bio and have marketing included in bio.  You can filter by location, when last tweeted, bio information, key words and etc.  These lists are self- updating, so it does all the work for you.
  4. True Twit - This is a Twitter validation tool to avoid robots and spammers.   All of your new followers are sent a validation request via direct message. If your follower successfully completes the CAPTCHA (or is already a TrueTwit user), you are sent an email indicating they are a TrueTwit-validated human!  You can also choose to auto-follow new validated users and auto-unfollow users that have unfollowed you.
  5. TwitPic -  Share media on Twitter in real time.  You can post photos or videos to TwitPic from your phone, from the site, or through email.  Also view other popular or trending pics.
  6.  
     
     
    Remember to check back Sunday for 5 more top tools to improve your Twitter experience.  Until then, wishing you Happy Tweeting:)
     

    Share


No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...