SocialMoms was founded in 2008 by Megan Calhoun, a California mom of two. The network has grown to over 34,000 members. Members are bloggers, authors, business owners, and more -- but all moms are invited to join the fun.
Moms are one of the most influential groups of active online users. It doesn't matter if you are a working mom, stay at home mom or a combination of both, all moms have knowledge and experiences that should be shared. Social moms are very helpful and supportive. It's all about teamwork and helping each other achieve our goals.
After joining, you create your profile page like in most social networks. Then start connecting with other moms and take advantage of the many features.
- Blog posts
- Twitter parties and events
- Videos and photos
- Give and receive gifts
- Live chat
SocialMoms also offers
- Blog Network - Drive traffic to your blog by displaying the posts widget. Once the widget is on your blog, your latest posts will be automatically broadcast to all the blogs who carry the widget. You can see what the widget looks like in my footer.
- The RAMBO (Reach A Mom Blogger Online) Alerts - E-mails sent automatically to moms that have a blog url listed on their profile page. This connects bloggers to advertisers for opportunities to monetize your blog and to offer your readers contests and giveaways.
- Rewards Loyalty Program (US Residents) - Earning points is easy. Redeem for Amazon, Paypal, charity and more. Get rewarded for sharing fellow moms content on Twitter, commenting on Facebook, submitting ideas, writing articles and more. Soon you can also receive rewards for participating in blogging programs and the Social Moms Insider app.
- Contests and Drawings - In June I was chosen as one of the random winners in the Olive Garden Tweet-a-thon. I won a $25 Olive Garden gift card. I plan to use it on a date with my hubby.
Visit Social Moms: the influential moms network