October 5, 2013

Beltane - 10 Tales Of Witchcraft #bookreview




Beltane - Ten Tales Of Witchcraft


I recently read Beltane - Ten Tales of Witchcraft edited by Rayne Hall.  This is a book of ten stories by different authors and writing styles.  Each author shares their visions of witches and witchcraft.  To reflect each author's individual voice, you will find both American and British words and spellings.

I have always been intrigued by the history of witchcraft and stories of witches.  Therefore I was looking forward to reading this one and with Halloween around the corner, what better time.

Some witches are good, some evil and some in between.  The witches in these stories practice different kinds of witchcraft including Traditional, Stregheria, Santeria, Wicca and more. The following are the ten stories included in this book.

Accidental Witch by Liv Rancourt
     This wiccan may get more than what she bargained for.

Alba by Karen Heard
     Who is the witch behind the murders at Bindings Wood?

By The Pricking Of My Thumbs by Jonathan Broughton
     Never has there been a performance of MacBeth like this.

The Cat Maiden by Mertianna Georgia
     An interesting twist to a love story.

The May Lady Vanishes by Pamela Turner
     Will someone tear this coven apart?

Hanging Witch Of Painter Mountain by Lawrence Barker
     Life or death is measured on Painter Mountain.

Thirteen Steps by Debbie Christiana
      Karma is a bitch.

Four Bony Hands by Rayne Hall
     The tables are turned.

Mishmash Magick by Carole Ann Moleti
     Sometimes you've got to be creative to survive the Bronx.

Love Magick by Debra Dunbar
     Young love and magick.

I enjoyed reading all of the ten stories and they kept my attention from beginning until end.  I also liked that each story and character was totally different.  You didn't know what you were going to get next which kept it so interesting to me.  I did wish that a few of the stories would of continued a little more, as I felt like I was kind of left hanging.  

One of my favorite stories was Alba.  It had me totally entralled right from the beginning and I couldn't read it fast enough to see what was going to happen. 
   
It's a great collection of short stories.  You'll experience love and hate, good and evil, mystery and intrigue, and more all in one book.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...