March 13, 2012

Do you have a Twitter Imposter?

Are you an active Twitter user?  It is possible you may be even more popular than you thought.  I have noticed a rash of Twitter imposters in the last couple of months.  I am active on Twitter and use a Follow Friday program to mention and thank my tweeps.  Keeping up with my Follow Friday ritual is how I discovered these imposters.  I started noticing new accounts with my picture and bio, but a different name. 

This is my real Twitter account:






 These 2 are imposter accounts:

   

I really do not know what their purpose is with these accounts, but I didn't like it.  So I contacted Twitter support and filled out the special form they have for imposters.  I waited a week or so and received the answer pictured below.

I guess since they are not using my name too that they don't consider it an imposter issue.  I keep clicking the spam button on their accounts and maybe they'll go away.  The very first one I found has disappeared, but more remain.  I have also started noticing the same thing happening to some of my Twitter friends. 
We must just have the most beautiful profile pics and captivating biographies.  Ha Ha

Have you had a similar experience?  Please comment if you have dealt with Twitter clones.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...